ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Blackpoppies.com

Friday 14 November 2014

50 Shades of Mustard

I noticed this morning that my rail has got a bit of a yellow vibe at the moment.
So while impatiently waiting for the postman I made a little edit of my fave mustard bits I've picked up this October/November:








L-R: Another 8 Johnny Jacket, H&M Trend geo print dress (eBay), vintage cardigan (eBay), Topshop High Neck Circle Jacquard Top, vintage Next yellow duffel coat (eBay)


Another 8 Johnny Coat
I spotted this coat in the new Topshop in Brighton while passing through to go somewhere else (dammit!) Once I had a feel of it I couldn't let go, its really good quality (very thick/heavyweight). I got a 'small' as this coat comes up bigger due to its boyfriend/cocoon shape so I'd recommend going a size down. Even comes in XS which I might have got away with (I'm a 10-12 UK normally). The Another 8 website doesn't do it justice its great IRL *stroke stroke. Thats a Topshop 'concertina bag' at the end I got earlier this year.




H&M Trend Geo Dress
I picked this up off eBay a few days ago. As soon as I saw it I remembered Solange wore the two piece version for a H&M press night. Plus its from the Trend line at Hennes which is my fave and its a bit 60's, tick tick tick. 




Vintage Cardigan
Picked this up off eBay about a year ago. I've been living in it as its so soft *bobblin*
The scarf is also vintage from eBay a few years ago.



High Neck Circle Jacquard Top
I got this from the Topshop website in an '8' a week or two ago. Ideally would have gone for a 10 but I just about get away with the 8. It appears to be almost sold out on the site but I saw loads of them in the Topshop in Brighton the other day. The High Neck Circle Jacquard Top has a good quality feel. It has a little exposed zip at the back (I'm not a fan of exposed zips) but at least its short. Best worn with something high waist as its a little cropped. Nice structured boxy fit. The necklace is H&M Trend, picked up in the Brighton store this Spring.



Vintage Yellow Duffle
I kept getting an advert on my side bar appearing for M. Night Shyamalan's movie 'The Village' and I'm fairly certain this subconsciously influenced my desire for a yellow duffle coat. I took an eBay gamble on this old Next one and won it at the 99p starting bid, so after postage it cost about £6. It's a 'medium' but pretty big, I like its awkward oversizing though. I need to get around to dry cleaning it as it does need some vintage souls exorcising out of it. £6 though...£6


Kitti Quay Sunglasses
I thought these looked nice on top of the H&M dress. I bought these peach Quay Australia glasses towards the end of the Summer on eBay. So aesthetically pleasing to look at...them curves...ohhh.